Our Lady of the Rosary Parish Doha, Qatar  

Posted by Heisan


This is the design of the new Our Lady of the Rosary Parish Church here in Doha, Qatar. The church here is run by the Franciscan Missionaries from India and the Philippines. The new parish accomodates all the Catholic Rites that are present here in Doha. We have here a Maronite Catholics, Syro-Malabarese Rite Catholics and the Roman Rite Catholics all belongs to this parish. It is of joy that all the Rites of the Catholic Church is being celebrated here in these new Parish and what a great work of the Holy Spirit indeed. I was able for the first time to observe the Maronite Rite of the Holy Mass being celebrated and the Syro-Malabarese rite and it is very much a new experience of being a true catholic in the sense of the word because of the different traditions of the Church I have encountered here and it is the same though different in it's cultural orientations. Praise the Lord for the presence of the Church here in this part of the world. Pray that all the faithful here be a light and a beacon of the Gospel of love and peace.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 at Wednesday, November 15, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

Anonymous  

this is so awesome. I hope in the near future you can include photos of the church.

Our prayers will be with you.
Glad you stopped by our board!

November 15, 2006 at 10:24:00 PM PST

p4p said...this is so awesome. I hope in the near future you can include photos of the church.

Yes I will do it but as of now the construction is on going and no one is allowed to enter the site except the Parish Priest and the construction people for security reasons. But a few description for your information. As of now the foundations and pillars are being constructed but we are still continuing to give in as much as we can give to finance it's continued construction. And I know God would provide for it we trust in His Divine Providence. We need your continued prayers for these great work here. Thanks in advance!

November 16, 2006 at 5:37:00 AM PST

Is there a way for Catholics to support this parish financially? Please let me know, if there is.

We will pray for the presence of Our Lord and the intercession of Our Lady on your behalf!

Eric Wyatt
Kokomo, IN, USA

March 18, 2008 at 4:19:00 AM PDT
Anonymous  

Wonderful to see a blog for the Doha parish. Many blessings to you.

April 24, 2009 at 3:20:00 PM PDT

Hi, Heisan, I tried to add you on yahoo msgr and even left a msg introducing myself but no reply. I'm a serious person. Anyway, I invite you to contact me on youtube. I'm a RC from South America and have a great RC online friend who is from and in Kerala and another good Maronite friend there in Doha. See you someday online, I hope. I also use skype and other messengers. Thanks. Stay safe. †PAX

June 6, 2009 at 9:37:00 AM PDT

Post a Comment