Christmas away from home!  

Posted by Heisan

I'll be spending my Christmas away from my family a sacrifice and at the same time a challenge for me as a Christian in keeping my faith in our Lord and Savior in these land of a different faith - the followers of the Prophet Mohammed. A sacrifice in the sense that it is difficult to be away from your family in the celebration of the event of the coming of God in the history of man but I offer and join my loneliness and homesickness to the one sacrifice of our Lord in the Eucharist and that is my cause of joy. A joy that the world could not understand nor comprehend that I will branded as followers of a religion of losers as the secularist and the humanist calls the Christian religion, but this faith in the Lord gives inner peace amidst turmoil and chaos, inner joy amidst loneliness and longing to be home, and hope that Christ comes to give me life and have that life in abundance. A life of continual journey with him, a life of constant communion with Him and his Church amidst indifference and a life of constant celebration and liturgy untill I return to the real home in heaven with Christ and with my fellow believers. Merry Christmas!!!

This entry was posted on Friday, December 22, 2006 at Friday, December 22, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Anonymous  

Merry Christmas Heisan! Being away from family is a great sacrifice. You and your family are in my prayers. See you in the Eucharist, in which we are all united. I will remember you when I receive Our Lord in Holy Communion this Christmas.

December 23, 2006 at 10:11:00 AM PST

Thanks Andy! Me too I will remember you and all the members of P and F board when I receive our Lord in the Eucharist this Christmas. You see this events in my life God is always there and this is the cause of my joy it brings me more closer to Him and appreciate life more fully. Happy Holiday to you and your family Andy!
God bless!

December 23, 2006 at 10:29:00 AM PST
Anonymous  

God bless you and your family Heisan. I"m sure that the Lord will sustain you through all your trials and difficulties. He always sends folks and circumstances our way in which we see His providence revealed.Wonderful things take place even admist suffering!!
Am so privileged to have met you.You uplift us too.
Merry Christmas from all of us at P and F

December 23, 2006 at 6:06:00 PM PST

Post a Comment